cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Fields working in all Schema

Hi All,

I have  location ID starting from location ID 1 to Location ID 7 . For X Schema I  have to comment out location Id  5 to 7 , for schema Y, I have to comment Location ID5 to Location ID8 . How can we make work without commenting  in all schema?

Thanks in advance

15 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear for me what do you mean with "field not found while debugging"?

Maybe this is a case of missing data within your fact-table. Then if you creates a chart with location as dimension and count(AnyValue) as expression and there is no record available for the location_ID_05 the chart couldn't display a row for it even if this ID does exists within the dimension-table.

For some occurances of missing data or NULL there are possibilities to display them (I don't know which ones Sense supported and if they have nearly always side-effects) so that quite often you need to create these missing data: How to populate a sparsely populated field.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I meant the I have to comment again location_ID_05 in location table after adding inline table as well. I am still getting field not found error though I added that location level in the inline table. X Schema does not contain location_ID_O5. It consists of only till location level 4 ...location_ID_04 is present in Y schema

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure that I understand it right ... or do you have no location field within your other data else multiple single fields like location_ID_01, location_ID_02 and so on? This would mean that your data needs to be transformed per The Crosstable Load.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

without using any schema, I have 8 dimensions in location table. Location_ID_01 to Location_id_08. If I use X schema , Location ID 1 to 4 is only available, rest I have to comment out. If I use Y schema I have location ID available from 1 to 5 and have to comment the rest.

I do not want to comment any location dimension in any schema. so the app should work in all schema without making any change.

How can I do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A friend of mine suggested if I read the location table weather field is available or not using fieldname  function.

But I am not sure how to use fieldname function in the script and where exactly I have to add.

marcus_sommer

I think this crosstable must be transformed into a "normal" table-structure like above mentioned.

- Marcus