Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense - Windows Domain Authentication

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Windows authentication with Qlik Sense. With other installations the "out of the box" settings on the Virtual Proxy generally work however any time a user goes to the Qlik Sense Hub they are prompted to enter their username and password. Obviously this is not ideal or the expected outcome, (want them to automatically log in) and they are using supported browsers (e.g. Chrome and IE). In the log files I'm seeing the below error:

"Failed to acquire user principal name from directory services The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist."

I'm connected to Active Directory via User Directory so not sure why I'm getting this error.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ralph

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Ralph,

how's it going with this one? Any progress?

Best regards

Andy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi ralph,

it's actually browser config, check out, this link works for both IE and Chrome

https://sysadminspot.com/windows/google-chrome-and-ntlm-auto-logon-using-windows-authentication/

Worked fine for me.

Best regards

Andy

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response. I'm assuming this only works locally though, i.e. if I change the settings on the browser through the server this won't be implemented globally?

Thanks,

Ralph

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, I'll pass this onto the networks team to check.

Ralph

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Ralph,

how's it going with this one? Any progress?

Best regards

Andy

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, sorry for the late reply. The site needed to be added to a trusted local intranet zone through group policy so seems to be working as expected now.

Thanks,

Ralph