Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV log off

If user is not working for some time and after that when he click on the screen for refresh data, then QV is logged off with session timeout. Something like a STC/Bank Website.

Is it possible to adjust the session time. !

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

There is - within the qmc by system -- > YourServer and then I believe within the tab performance.

- Marcus

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Remya,

There are options that you can try, these are really easy, let me explain:

• In the tab Documents->User Documents->then select a Dashboard->server->performance
  • You can customize the Maximum Inactive Session Time and the Document Time out

example.png

Please let me if this works for you

Best regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply.

Can we do this only for specific users.

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

If you mean that you need to customize the timeout for some users, that is not possible

What you can do is select the authorization tab and select the users that you need, here you can see the below image:

02.png

Let me know if you have another question.

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have changed the document time out and Maximum Inactive session time for the document, but still timeout occurs after 30mins.

timeout.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That is because you can set this timeout also globally in QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Servers->Your QlikView server->Performance->Sessions.

And now the catch: "the lowest value takes precedence", meaning that if your global setting (default = 1800 seconds) is lower than your document setting, that global setting will be applied. I guess this is because of a security consideration.

You can read the QMC help on that setup page for more information.

BTW Leave the Document Timeout value alone. It has nothing to do with Sessions per se, but determines when the QVS should throw this document out of memory.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Still issue exists, users are getting log off issue after 20mins.