Did you mean: 
hhajjali
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore filter on X axis for cumulative graph

Hello Qlick community,

I need your help concerning my problem.

I am using Qlik sense.

I have 2 tables, a table which is my calendar reference and containing first day of each month. A second table containing 3 fields: KEY, CREATION DATE.

I have created a cumulative graph to  have the sum off all created KEY each month:

DIM: = [Reference Date.autoCalendar.Year] & '-' & [Reference Date.autoCalendar.Month]

MESURE: = RangeSum(Above(COUNT(Distinct if([Reference Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]=[CREATION DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth] ,[KEY] )),0,RowNo(TOTAL)))

I obtain the bellow graph which so far OK:

Sans titre.png

My problem is the following, I want to limit the number of month I display to 6 months, I tried to filter the result in dimension, or using filter but it does not work, it ignore all entries before the 6 last months and the graph I obtain is the follow, so I losing 90 KEYs.

Sans titre.png

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You always want to see last 6 months from today? Try this

RangeSum(

Above(

COUNT(Distinct

{<[Date Réference]>} if([Date Réference.autoCalendar.YearMonth]=[DATE CRÉATION.autoCalendar.YearMonth] ,[KEY] ))

,0,RowNo(TOTAL)))* Avg({<[Date Réference] = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today(), -5)) & '<=' & Date(Today()))"}>} 1)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi HAJ, one way to show cummulative months is using an AsOf calendar:

The As-Of Table

The bad thing is that it uses another field as dimensions but allows for a lot easier expressions.

sunny_talwar

If you need expression only solution, you can try this

=RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT {<Date>} If([Reference Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]=[CREATION DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth] ,[KEY] )),0,RowNo(TOTAL))) * Avg({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(Date), -5)) & '<=' & Date(Max(Date)))"}>} 1)

hhajjali
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

stalwar1 unfortunately your proposition does not work, by default it add more record to the original results, and by filtering only on the last 6 months I still don't have the correct result. By I really want to resole the issue by expression. Screen shots bellow.

rubenmarin‌ I appreciate your solution, but I have already multiple dimensions to work with and using the AS-OF table will add more complexity.

Graph after Sunny's formula:

Sans titre.png

What I want to see:

Sans titre.png

Other ideas guys?

sunny_talwar

The image you got above using the expression i gave, was this after or before making selections? Would you be able to share your qvf to check it out?

hhajjali
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sunny,

Please find attached the .qvf. Data are a little bit different, it a test qvf.

The graph I posted was after the selection of last 6 months.

Thanks for your help.

sunny_talwar

You always want to see last 6 months from today? Try this

RangeSum(

Above(

COUNT(Distinct

{<[Date Réference]>} if([Date Réference.autoCalendar.YearMonth]=[DATE CRÉATION.autoCalendar.YearMonth] ,[KEY] ))

,0,RowNo(TOTAL)))* Avg({<[Date Réference] = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today(), -5)) & '<=' & Date(Today()))"}>} 1)

Capture.PNG

hhajjali
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot for your help!

As extra solution, do you how I can get the same result but by filtering at what ever date segments ?

sunny_talwar

Try this

RangeSum(

Above(

COUNT(Distinct

,0,RowNo(TOTAL)))* Avg({<[Date Réference] = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max({<[Date Réference] = {'<=$(=Date(Today()))'}>}[Date Réference]), -5)) & '<=' & Date(Max({<[Date Réference] = {'<=$(=Date(Today()))'}>}[Date Réference])))"}>} 1)

Capture.PNG