Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hide irrelevant fields

Dear Experts,

While scripting we have many fields which only used to join with other tables like "IDs" etc. Now these fields also show on sheets where we create analysis. These fields are very much irrelevant for end users and annoying. Can we somehow hide these fields so that don't display on sheets and only make it limited to develop a data model and joining only.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

18 Replies
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you,  But while creating new analysis the joining fields displays to end users which is annoying and i dont want this.

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

What information you need?

I just want to make few fields hide to end user in sheets where user find his dimensions and measure. But those fields are very much required in script to join my data model.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

end users see only informations you put on the sheets/objects.

I'm I right ?

marcus_sommer

You could use the feature of HidePrefix. After them these fields would be treated like the system-fields $Table, $Field and so on and are hidden in all objects unless the show system-fields checkbox is enabled. For this you need to prefix the fieldnames to a certain sign, for example an underscore:

set HidePrefix='_' ;

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That cant be done, For specific Fields in sheet level don't think so

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

After dropping fields at the end, Also remove the join in the data model.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe you can hide the fields

HidePrefix – hiding fields

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Marcus,

Thank you very much for the answer.

In Qlik Sense Enterprise Studio where can i find the option show system fields?

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

marcus_sommer

This enabling/disabling is possible within QlikView by Qlik Sense I don't know but I assume that there is not such feature implemented yet. But you could display them with measure like this:

Using system fields in a visualization ‒ Qlik Sense

- Marcus