Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hide irrelevant fields

Dear Experts,

While scripting we have many fields which only used to join with other tables like "IDs" etc. Now these fields also show on sheets where we create analysis. These fields are very much irrelevant for end users and annoying. Can we somehow hide these fields so that don't display on sheets and only make it limited to develop a data model and joining only.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could use the feature of HidePrefix. After them these fields would be treated like the system-fields $Table, $Field and so on and are hidden in all objects unless the show system-fields checkbox is enabled. For this you need to prefix the fieldnames to a certain sign, for example an underscore:

set HidePrefix='_' ;

- Marcus

View solution in original post

18 Replies
PrashantSangle

You can use drop command to remove un-necessary field from your data model.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Drop field ‒ QlikView

See above link.

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
darrell_tobin
Creator
Creator

Hi Zahid,

I don't think you can remove them, I have had the same issue in the past.  The solution I used was to start the ID fields with a Z.  Such as ZCustomerId.  This will put all of the IDs to the end of the drop down lists so not getting in the war of the user, putting them all in the same place but still there.

Thanks

Darrell

Please mark as helpful and correct if applicable.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If irrelevant the Don't load them, Load which needed and store into QVD that will optimized ..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

If i drop fields then will the join effect? Also can you please share the syntax to drop fields.

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i need those fields to join other tables but dont need on sheets.

PrashantSangle

Drop those field after join.

or you can drop at end of script.

Syntax search in help menu.

Regards

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then, call the fields in script and don't call them into Sheets? or create flag for that and use Flag name to Sheet level. Nothing changes then please post some more information

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

If those fields are joining fields, you can't remove them, but you can easily don't show them on the sheets, simply by not adding them on the Objects