cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing function categories

Hello,

I'm still fairly new to Qlik and was doing some work to prove out the conversion of some reports to Qlik.  I initially did the work in the Qlik Sense Desktop application.  As I was trying to leverage this as a learning exercise I tried using the Data Manager to add a calculated field using an if statement to give some defined values based on thresholds.  All worked fine.

After I was comfortable I switched over to the Qlik Sense web app, and went about recreating the app.  This is where I run into an issue that I'm not sure is something I did, a permissions issue, or an installation issue.

When I go to recreate the calculated field, I paste in the calculation expression from the desktop app and it tells me that it does not recognize the < symbol.  So when I tried to recreate the expression it gives me an error that it does not recognize if.

Looking at the drop down of available functions, it looks like I only have String, Date, Formatting, and Interpretation functions.  How do I go about getting things like the Conditional Functions to show up?

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you provide screenshot of error image ??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the error.  As you can see in the expression box, it's also highlighting the brackets as an issue which seems to be the if statement.

I've included the full dropdown of functions, there are no conditional functions, I believe that is the issue but am unsure how to resolve it.

Qlik Error.jpg

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Try putting a = at the front

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That just changed the error to 'Unrecognized symbol: ='

Any other suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So it took a bit of digging, but it looks like it may be a case of the desktop app doing self checked updating and the Qlik Server needing to update manually.

While looking into it more, we hit the help page off the web app and it displayed the help for version 3.0, and indicated that only the listed function groups were available.

From the desktop app, it used updated November 2017 and had a very full and robust list of function groups.  So it looks like we need to update our Qlik Server version to correct this issue.