Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retrieve data into QlikSense from Sharepoint

Hello,

I'm trying to import data into a QlikSense application from a sharepoint. As I don't want to create a data connection for each Excel Web file, I would like to create a web folder where I will be able to retrieve all the data from this folder.

Currently, I have tried to create a REST connection but it just allows me to retrieve the LIST of the different files posted on my sharepoint and not the data inside.

How can I face my issue ?

thank you a lot for your help and your answers.

Best regards.

1. A.
6 Replies
tschollqlikview
Partner - Contributor III

QlikSense Local or Entreprise?

Local: Yust map the sharrepoint URL to the documents as a network drive. Or use the UNC-Path of the sharepoint and create a new data folder.

If the URL to your sharepoint is https://mySharePoint.com/Site1/Shared%20Documents/  than the UNC is \\mySharePoint.com\sites\Site1\Shared%20Documents\- That's it!

Entreprise: Same thing, just remember to enable the servie user on the SharePoint

stijnvalkenburg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Tobias,

Would you mind expanding on how to do this in Enterprise? I am trying to set up a general connection in Qlik Sense from SharePoint that can be used by all users that are in the AD and have access to Qlik Sense.

Does this UNC path need to be set up in the Azure AD for example? And can I then just use a Web Folder Connection?

Thanks in advance!

tschollqlikview

Hi Stjin,

you get things running on QlikSense Local Version?

To accomplish the same thing on Enterprise, remember that the service user of your QlikSense Server is running the data connection and not you. This is true both for SharePoint and for "standard" File Server Connections.

Thus, you have to give access to the Service User for the SharePoint aswell.

Best

Tobias 

stijnvalkenburg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reponse! No I'm just want to make the connection on Enterprise. Unfortunately we are experiencing some authentication issues. Even though the Sharepoint Admin granted us full authorization we still get an error message saying we need admin access when trying to authorize the connector.. I created a qlik support ticket so will update if any new information arises.

Regards,

Stijn

tschollqlikview

Mmmmhh, OK strage. But did you try to connect from QlikSense Desktop? If this does not work, that the issue is by 99% chance your SharePoint...

stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Tried this and it worked for desktop, except for when I restarted my laptop, then the connection was gone again. However this isn't ideal either to implement on the Qlik Sense server. I keep on looking..