cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cseward1963
Creator
Creator

line chart legend

Under Colors and Legend, I changed the colors to "By Expression".  The line colors are as I like, but the Legend this dimension no longer displays when I use colors By Expression. 

18 Replies
justinphamvn
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

You could used some tool: snipping tool, print the sreenshot then drop it by paint (drop legend) ,...

This is a file image

Regards,

Justin.

cseward1963
Creator
Creator
Author

Justin, I have this working. thanks

cseward1963
Creator
Creator
Author

But if I filter some of the data, the legend doesn't change to reflect it.

justinphamvn
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The legend to help readers understand the chart data, so it's like a noted. I think it's okay with image

Ragards,

Justin.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Celia the best way to achieve this is to make your dimension a master dimension and set the value colours yoursellf on it.  Available in Qlik Sense since Sept Release.

You can then use library colours and legend in the chart and it will reflect your custom colours.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Celia,

Maybe you could have the different legend values on different images in separate objetct and hide them with a conditional reflecting the selections that are made.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Josefina

cseward1963
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Andy.  I set the Master Dimension with specific colors as you described above.  However, I don't know what you mean by this part of your solution:

You can then use library colours and legend in the chart and it will reflect your custom colours.

cseward1963
Creator
Creator
Author

Andy, I believe I got it to work by changing the Color to "Color by Dimension".  Thanks for all your help

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Colour by dimension is one step in configuring its use the next is to toggle use library colours setting, this to yes uses your value colours.  

Im glad this solution worked please mark any answers as helpful/correct to guide others to this solution.

Regards

Andy