Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Help please: PixelPerfect: How to do a STACKED Bar Chart?

Hello,

I am creating a Stacked Bar Chart in Pixel Pefect.

• The data is coming from a chart in QlikView
  • The chart object has been added in Tables in the PixelPerfect report
  • My dimensions are:
    • YearMonth
    • JobStatus with values: Closed, New, In Progress
  • Measure: JobCounter, this counts jobs

In the PixelPerfect chart I have added:

• Selected Stacked Bar Chart
  • Added the 3 Series
  • In Data > In Series Bring > for each series I have added a "Data filter" where I have selected JobStatus and entered 'In Progress' for example. I have entered 'In Progress' with the single quotes as string and made sure Condition is Equal.
  • In Arguement Properties I have added YearMonth
  • In Value Proprerties > In Value I have supplied JobCounter as the measure

However it is not working.

It only shows the first JobStatus value i.e. Closed status values for all the stacks.

How do I create a Stacked Bar Chart taking into account the Dimensions and a Measure from QlikView chart? Where am I going wrong?

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Modify the source QlikView object by adding a single column for each value of the Job Status and remove the related dimension. Refresh the connection metadata then add the new version of the object or update the added one.

Create a new PixelPerfect chart of type Side by Side Bar Stacked and create a data serie for each column (for each different value of the Job Status).

I tried your solution with serie filters and it doesn't work also in my installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ciao Ruggero,

Is this a bug with the chart? Should it have worked?

Are there plans to make stacked chart creations easier in NPrinting in the near future?

It is a common way in which stacked charts are created in Qlik using multiple dimensions so would be important to do the same in NPrinting.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

We opened a problem investigation. If it will become a bug it will be resolved in one of the future versions.

At the moment the solution is to filter and divide the data in the source table. Note that Qlik NPrinting supports hide QlikView objects when they are saved on visible sheets. So you can create a specific table to be used only for the PixelPerfect chart and hide it in the document that users will see.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

PixelPerfect chart filters issue will be solved in April 2018 release.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero