Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Nprinting design time

Hi

considering we have a Qlik sense application ready,

how much time do we need to prepare a NPrinting report having 3 pages (about 15 charts) ?

I guess this is prepared with NPrinting Designer.

Once it is done, how much time to deliver it to NPriinting server for deployment?

is it complicated?

best regards

juju

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Starting from scratch I thing 1 day is not enough. Of course it depends on the content of the report and the kind of template you need to use. I my opinion plan at least 3 days to install the system, connect it to Sense and develop your first report. Follow the help site step-by-step to avoid to waste time.

After learning you'll be faster.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1 - It is not possible to estimate the time you need to design that report. It depends on the skills of the developer and on the content of the report. For example 15 charts exported as images (very short development time) or 15 charts exported as Excel native charts that need to be re-created in the template?

2 - Qlik NPrinting Designer stores the report templates directly in the Qlik NPrinting Server. After you need to configure the destinations and pubblication tasks. Quite fast.

You should consider also the time to install the reporting environment.

About all the details I suggest you to refer to the official help site What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

There are also some useful training videos Videos - Qlik | Help

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero

thank you for your help

I thought it was just a matter of drag and drop from Qlik Sense app to NPrinting like it was to create a report using QlikView embedded report feature.

So if I understand well, I don't have to prepare my charts in Qlik Sense but I will design my report straight into NPriniting ?

When you mean exported as image, does it means the content is static ?

best regards

juju

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

With Qlik NPrinting you have a lot of possibilities:

1. you can insert into the template Qlik Sens objects as images. Fast but static results.
  2. you can export Sense objects as tables so, if you want, you can apply different styles
  3. you can use Sense variables and formulas
  4. you can create a lot of different report types (Excel, Word, HTML, etc)

So, I strongly suggest you to watch the intro videos :-). Then install a test environment and try to create your reports. First of all, plan what are your goals so you'll be faster during the development process.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Ruggero

sure I will watch and learn everything but before I must have an idea of time needed to set up a NPrinting pdf report

having content related to user profile (not static then)

So I understand i'll have to design it and it takes time to create the template

according to your experience do you think 1 day would be enough to do so?

best regards

juju

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Starting from scratch I thing 1 day is not enough. Of course it depends on the content of the report and the kind of template you need to use. I my opinion plan at least 3 days to install the system, connect it to Sense and develop your first report. Follow the help site step-by-step to avoid to waste time.

After learning you'll be faster.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
jujucts
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Great help

thank you Ruggero

juju