Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madan0717
Contributor
Contributor

ServiceNow Rest API

Hi All,

I'm using ServiceNow Rest API to pull the data. I have 400k records in Incident table.It seems there is a limit on Data extraction from servicenow to QLIK. I'm getting only ~90k records.In order to pull all 400k records, I believe I have to create multiple connections. Did any one have ideas on how to handle multiple connections in QLIK by using ServiceNow REST API?.

Thanks,

Madan

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madan,

You can create multiple REST connections having different URLs  and also can use the concept of WITH Connection and pagination if applicable.

Some APIs have timeout in their servers . You can apply some Sleep function in your script to check that.

For more clarity , you can give your request file or screenshot.

pavelmuller
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I think that it is not a good idea to connect the reporting tool directly to a live ServiceNow instance. Not only it can affect the production environment but it will be simply too slow to download high volumes of data for each report execution.

The preferred way is to build an on-premise read-replica (i.e. a mirror database) and connect QlikSense to this local database. It will be much faster and your ServiceNow won't be affected.

You could use tools such as SnowMirror to extract the data from ServiceNow (or Salesforce).

http://www.snow-mirror.com/

Kind Regards,
Pavel