Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

calculation in a straight table chart???

Hi All,

My problem is...

I have Operation and Test as dimention and production table as fact..

for a particular Operation there are certain Test's

table1.bmptable2.bmp

in the first table unit processed are shown correctly according to operation. and in the second table unit processed are shown for each test type...

I want the unit processed in second table in such a way that unit processed for each test should come as per the operation...

for example...

in the above table-1 for operation ACTEST the unit processed are 2286. and suppose first 3 test_type in the second table are associated with ACTEST operation.... now in the second table instead of 471,127,482 Unit Processed there should be 2286 Unit Processed in all fields associated to ACTEST and Associated test_type to ACTEST.

I am totally confused to solve this problem..

Please help me out

Thanks..

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

assuming  your hirarchey goes as Opreation then test

try Sum(Total <Operation> UnitProccesed)

sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Liron,

Thanks for reply... Your expression calculates unitprocessed for all operations. If i select single operation then it is ok but no operation is selected then there comes unitprocessed for all operation in each field..

I need unitprocessed associated to each operation for all test which are associated to that particular operation.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

can you post a sample data

do you have connection in the data base between test and operation

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is one solution, but its a tricky.

Create a straight table with Operation,TT_Type as dimension

Expression as Sum(total <Operation>Unit Processed)

Now go to properties of chart -> Presentation tab -> Click on Operation and Hide the column.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!