Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator

Section access in qlikview QMC

Hi All,

Can anyone explain me how to perform section access via QMC  in qlik view and how it will work?

Many Thanks,

Siva

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

you must have Publisher to do it.

Problems with Publisher and Section Access

Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yeah,I have the publisher.

I wanted to clear myself in the below mentioned things.

1.section access through scripting and through QMC both are same or have any difference.

2.what is the difference between the reload --->section access and users---->section access management

Thanks,

Siva

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I did not have the opportunity to test the publisher access section, so I can advise you these links:

Section Access vs Publisher for Security

Section Access in script level or Qlikview publ... | Qlik Community

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no Section Access in QMC. Section Access code resides in your Load Script, and the result of its execution is used when opening a document in the AP, in QV Desktop or by QVB.exe when starting a reload.

However, Section Access can't do anything without source data, either defined 1) INLINE in your script, 2) in a local/remote source file or database or... 3) in the QMC. Indeed, the source data for your Section Access code can be defined in tables in the Management console which eases the maintenance of these important security & access definitions. But AFAIK that's about it.

To get a better idea about Section Access: it uses the same code techniques and designs to load data and store it in (a hidden part of) your data model as your regular Section Application code, only for a different purpose (and with some quirks as a free bonus).