Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Duplicate app resource filter

I am creating a custom role and setting up the associated security rules. I want to use as few resource filters as possible, in order to have good control over the rights and avoid unintentionally giving some access I don't want.

The user with that custom role should be able to duplicate slides from streams. I've read enough to know this is impossible through hub, so I'm going the qmc route. What is the exact resource filter that allows duplication of apps?

I have noticed that adding a Create rule on App* works, but adding a Create rule on all resource filters that start with "App" found here

help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/available-resource-filters.htm?q=...

ie,

AppAccessType_*,AppAccessUsage_*,AppBookmark_*,AppCalendar_*,App.Data_*,App.DataSegment_*,AppGroup_*,App.Object_*,AppProperties_*,AppScript_*,App.Sheet_*,AppSlide_*,AppSlideItem_*,AppSnapshot_*,App.Story_*,AppUndo_*,AppVariable_*

will not work. Thus, the duplicate ability is (also) dependent upon some Appxxxxxxxx resource filter which is not listed above.

Does anyone have knowledge of this resource?

1 Reply
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'd highly recommend using the latest help site if at all possible: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/available-resourc.... App_* and App.Object_* should be sufficient.