Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tleivamo
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's possible to lock a dimension?

Hi everybody,

I want to know if is possible to lock any dimesion in a pivot table or a total chart.

I have some values and those are connected with other data, but i don't want them to get moved

Is it possible??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thiago_Justen_

Note that according link above you can only freeze horizontal scrolling for the first column. If you want to prevent drag and drop columns, as Jonathan said, it os not possible in native QS's Tables.

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Thiago_Justen_

This may help you

Pivot Table Properties: Presentation ‒ QlikView

Allow Move Column and PivotingDeselect this check box to disable the drag-and-drop pivoting.
Farol BI
tleivamo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Thiago,

Thanks for answer me. I work in qlik sense not qlik view. However, I was tried to find the option and I didn´t see it. Maybe in qlik sense doesn't exist. I wonder if that thing is possible...

Is there another option?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

yes we lock dimension value. have your tried like this?

lock selection.jpg

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think that locks the selection. I think the OP want to prevent the column from being moved. I don't know if that is possible in QS without an extension.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Thiago_Justen_

Check this out:

Scrolling

You can select to freeze the first column from horizontal scrolling.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Table/table-pro...

Cheers

Farol BI
Thiago_Justen_

Note that according link above you can only freeze horizontal scrolling for the first column. If you want to prevent drag and drop columns, as Jonathan said, it os not possible in native QS's Tables.

Farol BI
tleivamo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi.

I tried all options but unfortunatelly nothing works. I believe that Thiago is right, it's no possible in native QS's Tables.

Thanks for try to help me.

Regards!.

srilakshmi_as
Creator
Creator

using sheet events extension we can pre lock it,but again usere  is able click unlock the lock..

which i s still an issue for me,any pointers kindly guide me