Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris3669
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense Server Ram usage by App

Hi,

Is there a way to see the ram usage of the server by app or user?

I`m aware that there is the Operations Monitor inside Monitoring Apps Flow, but the ram usage is not displayed by App, it's only a total ram usage of the server.

Inside the server, everything comes down to a single process named Engine.exe.

QlikSense Server (June 2017) 11.11.1

Monitoring Apps 7.2.3

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Christian

I don't think you can get this kind of info from Operations monitor. Performance info (CPU and RAM usage) are based on a log which is not related to session/app info in any way. From what I've seen so far there's no such log wich tracks memory usage by session/app.

Juraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Christian

I don't think you can get this kind of info from Operations monitor. Performance info (CPU and RAM usage) are based on a log which is not related to session/app info in any way. From what I've seen so far there's no such log wich tracks memory usage by session/app.

Juraj

SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

It really depends on what you are trying to do.

If you are looking to analyze your applications to see which ones are consuming lots of resources and/or are slow to render, then I would suggest that you use the scalability tools. They are designed to help you tune your applications to get the most out of your resources (RAM) as well as provide the best user experience (speed) that you can get. I always recommend using the scalability tools on each incremental update of an application so that I can compare the performance difference between versions and make sure that the experience remains optimized.

The scalability tools can be found here:

Qlik Scalability

Unfortunately, this will not help with debugging point in time issues as it is not a real time monitoring tool. For example, if you have a memory spike at 3:54am they won’t help you there. You might want to use the Operating System Logs with a solution like this:

http://qlikshow.com/download/event-log-monitor-app/

grangerats
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Use the "App Metadata Analyzer" App that's been around since the Sep 2019 release. You can see RAM usage by app (and by table and field).

Note that there are variables in the Data Load script you almost certainly need to edit before it'll load data. E.g. if your central node is using a non-standard HTTPS port, you'll need to reflect that in the "vu_central_node_host_name" variable.

FYI: The above App is one of the ones you have to manually import (and update) that are found at  C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultApps     It doesn't use QLogs, so you don't have to have "Centralized Logging" turned on, but you need it for some of the other Apps in that folder. (Go here if you haven't done that yet, and want to.)

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

https://community.qlik.com/group/1076  is no more available.

gibsongilbgert
Contributor
Contributor

@fmarvnnt wrote:

https://community.qlik.com/group/1076  is no more available.

There must be a another group of qlik which is still available to join and active.

wudier
Contributor
Contributor

Ensure that you have properly installed and configured the QlikSense Monitoring application version 7.2.3.
Logging in to the QlikSense Monitoring Application: Log in to the QlikSense Monitoring Application using administrator privileges. Once logged in, you will be able to access various features and metrics of the monitoring application. In the monitoring application, navigate to the Administration or Monitoring section to find content related to server performance. In the Server Performance Monitoring section, you should be able to find information about the server's memory usage. This may include metrics such as memory usage, allocated memory, and free memory.