Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Password Acces for User Directory Connector (UDC) - Via Excel ODBC

Hi Dear Qv Community

I managed to make the integration of a list of users of Excel through ODBC excel as video explains Michael Tarallo, but not how to add a password to the user. Can anyone help with this? thanks

13 Replies
Not applicable

Omar,

UDCs provide attributes you can use in security rules, they do not perform authentication or authorization.  The proxy performs authentication to Qlik Sense, but it does not perform identity management.  Security rules perform authorization.

In order to login as Omar1 or Omar2 with a password, there needs to be an identity management solution that sits beside or in front of Qlik Sense to perform the identity verification process.  Here are some videos to illustrate.

Qlik Sense Security Overview

Qlik Sense QMC in 45

Qlik Sense Management Console Configuration - YouTube

Not applicable

Hi Jeffrey,

How can i add user via UDC with Password And i sucessfully add some users and Password by UDC then allocated licence and roll. But the problem is i cannot access the hub by users which is created by UDC

Capture1.JPG

How can i do that??

any suggestion please...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also getting some issue here.I am successful in craeting odbc connection in QlikSense server, however when previewing tables and importing data, I cant see any data in tables and thereafter also cant load to app.

SC.png

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Jeff,

I read this ticket twice, I have configured UDC and imported users with password but as you said we need third party tool who can do identity management solution but you have suggested Access control test module, this is only test module, Please suggest me how to do identity management solution in production site ?