Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

totaling across columns in a pivot table

Is there a simple way to calculate a total across multiple columns in a pivot table.  See attached screen shot.  I am hoping that I can add a total column that will total the billed, backlog, 90 day and forecast columns to get a total potential revenue.  I would also use the same thing to calculate the variance column which would be the budget less the other columns.  I am guessing that I could combine all the calculations for each column but they are fairly complicated and I would prefer not to induce that kind of potential error in the calculations.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you just want to add values from all 5 columns and then create a 6th column,

say,consider the second row in the pivot table,

70,000+30,000+ 0 + 27,000+0

then just write this in the expression for 6th column as

Column(1)+Column(2)+Column(3)+Column(4)+Column(5), you will get the result as $127,000.

But if you are looking for something else, I assume you will need to explain you problem further.

Regards,

Bikash

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is Billed, Backlog, 90 day and forcast dimension members or expressions?  I see a variance calc so I cant tell if they are expressions or dimension members

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

create  variable using the settings>variable overview option for each of the expressions.. like Var1 will have the expression of Billed, Var2 will have the expression of Backlog... and similarly the others.. and..  create a new expression and add all the four variables.. $(Var1) + $(Var2) + ....

hope this helps..

Not applicable
Author

If you just want to add values from all 5 columns and then create a 6th column,

say,consider the second row in the pivot table,

70,000+30,000+ 0 + 27,000+0

then just write this in the expression for 6th column as

Column(1)+Column(2)+Column(3)+Column(4)+Column(5), you will get the result as $127,000.

But if you are looking for something else, I assume you will need to explain you problem further.

Regards,

Bikash