Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaldubai
Creator
Creator

Inventory aging buckets

Dears,

I'm working on inventory aging and i have been trying to distribute QTY & cost  based on receiving dates.

the problem is :

lets assume that i have 19 pieces of item A as on hand and on the other hand i have received this item on mulitpule dates & QTY (Total recievd 42 ,and 23 have been sold before the selected date  )

the user will select 12/dec/2017 as of that date, i have 19 qty out of 42 received From item A , and this item has been received on the following dates

Received dateQTY ReceivedSelected date -Recv DateBucketsOn Hand Qty
28/Nov/20171330-601 of 19
25/Nov/20171

0-601 of 19
14/Jun/201710200180-36510 of 19
13/Jun/201713201180-3657 of 19

agign.PNG

is it possible to be done in qlik.

15 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Allowing the user to pick the date will not make this easy at all.  You will need to be using the Above statement, and probably some Aggr statements.

How many days back do you want to allow the user to go?  You may be able to do something in the load script if it is just a few days rather than them being able to pick any date.

Steve

kaldubai
Creator
Creator
Author

what i understand from you that if the user is given the leverage to pick any date will make this hard to achieve, but if we are looking at as of current date it can be done ??

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Exactly.  If it is based on current date, as at time of data reload, then all the elements you should need are in the code I provided above.  If it is dynamic in the front end then if it can be coded for it will perform very badly.

kaldubai
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks alot Steve for your feedback. i will keep on working on this case and will update this thread once its all settled down

shruti090
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have tried using formula but in the if statement it is always considering the false value

ben_skerrett
Contributor III
Contributor III

kaldubai did you manage to resolve the issue as I have pretty much the same requirement please?

Thanks