Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrolofs
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense Dimension: show all values like QlikView?

Hello,

if there a possibility to do something like "Show all Values" in QlikView on the dimension definition for a diagramm?

In QlikSense i found only "Show null values".

My goal is to have a "fixed" dimension with all fiel dvalues, even if it selected or not. Like i can do it in QlikView.

Regards, Henry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can trick Qlik Sense to show all values by using a different Measure. For instance, if you want to show

Sum( Sales )

then you can use the following expression instead:

Sum( Sales ) + 0 * Sum( {1} Sales )

The Set Analysis in the second term will force Qlik Sense to show all values, but since you multiply it by zero, the value will still be the correct one.

HIC

View solution in original post

13 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can trick Qlik Sense to show all values by using a different Measure. For instance, if you want to show

Sum( Sales )

then you can use the following expression instead:

Sum( Sales ) + 0 * Sum( {1} Sales )

The Set Analysis in the second term will force Qlik Sense to show all values, but since you multiply it by zero, the value will still be the correct one.

HIC

hrolofs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Henric,

thanks for your help. It works fine.

Regards, Henry

Not applicable

Hi Henric,

Mine is the same requirement,

It's working when I use Sum( Sales ) + 0 * Sum( {1} Sales )

But when Use this in combo chart to show the linear trend line, it's showing as gaps as In screen shot.

Can you please help me in resolving this.trend.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

hic‌‌‌ Hi Henric, but this trick is not working for me in Qlikview 12(SR4). Please see my problem below.

I have two fields, say

Table1: Field1,Name with values A,B,C,D

Table2: Field1,Date,Amount (Transactional Data Table but having values only for A,B,and C and it will never have values for D)

I am now making a Straight Table Chart with Dimension Field1 and Expression as if(Field1<>'D',Sum(Amount),some sum formula for D's value). But the problem is it's not showing value for D because there is no value for D in Table2. "Show All Values" is also not working.

Note:Formula above is written in narrative form for simplicity.

Please advise.

Thanks and BR,

SAK

OmarBenSalem

Hi Henrick,

I have a dimension called countries.

A filter date and some time slots :YTD MTD and so on  .
if I select date =31/12/2016 and MTD;

in my filter Countries, I will only have available one country (since the others have not done anything in the selected date)

This does not affect my graphics (since in the expressions,the KPI is independant of the date selection) but only affects my list selection (countries)

What can I do to force a list selection made of one dimension 'countries' to show all of my countries independant of the selection of a date:

with a set expression, I can simply do : {<date=>}, but since countries is a string, I can't use any aggregation; thus I couldn't find a solution !

Hope the issue is rather clear;

Thanks !

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suggest you open a separate thread for this question, and post a document that shows your question.

HIC

fginfrida
Partner - Contributor III

Henric,

Thank you.  I noticed this behavior and was in the process of determining the proper course of action when selecting dimensions in any of the data tables associated with the Master Calendar.

Your solution is both simple and logical.  I've been able to modify the measures in any chart visualization to allow the master calendar dates to display regardless of the selection that has been made.

However, I've a question about QS behavior when a selection is made.  My app has a bar chart that reports on the number of service requests processed.  If a date range is selected, the measure Count(SERVICE_REQUEST)+0*Count({1}SERVICE_REQUEST) returns all dates in the master calendar (as it should).  Since the solution will have ~18 months of data, and the visualization requirement is to show the requests processed by individual for a given month there is a need to limit the dimension to one month of that range (or less).

I experimented with the measure, trying:

Count(SERVICE_REQUEST)+0*Count({$}SERVICE_REQUEST)

which gives the proper result when selecting a date range:

Selection.png

Chart1.png

When a selection is made (for example, selecting one of the individuals responsible for processing service requests), that expression loses the master calendar (also as expected)

Chart2.png

Can you suggest an expression for the measure that will retain the master calendar dates for a given date range when a selection is made?

Thanks in advance

Frank.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would probably try something like

Count(SERVICE_REQUEST) +

0*Count({1<MonthYear={"$(=Date(Max(MonthYear),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>}SERVICE_REQUEST)

Then it would return all dates in the last month, irrespective of selection.

HIC

fginfrida

Henric,

Thank you.  That worked perfectly once I adjusted the expression for the trend line to return only the selected values.

That was so because the expression that Mike Tarallo had posted in How to add lineal trend in Qlik sense:

linest_m(total aggr(if(sum(Sales),sum(Sales)),OrderDate),OrderDate)*

only({1}OrderDate)+linest_b(total aggr(if(sum(Sales),sum(Sales)),OrderDate),OrderDate)

returned all dates in the order clause.  Once I changed that to only({$}OrderDate) the combo chart worked properly.

Frank.