Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalvinchan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to achieve High Availability in Qlik Sense?

Since "synchronized persistence" deployment is no longer supported in Qlik Sense November 2017, if we need to achieve  High Availability, what is the simplest method?

Should I user multi-mode deployment with share persistence, and maintain my Apps, files and PostgreSQL repository in an external server (e.g., SAN)?  How to keep Qlik service available in case of :

(1) Breakdown of central mode

(2) Breakdown of external server for shared folder and repository

Thank you very much.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kalvin,

i am not sure about "synchronized persistence" decommissioned news. As per my knowledge it introduce is in june 2017 version only.

Request you to share the link where you read this.

Regards,

Sanjay Guha

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1) Breakdown of central mode

In the last STT possibility of having a secondary node was explained (17:46 onwards)

STT - Failover in Qlik Sense - Practical Guide and Implications - YouTube

I haven't tested if there is a feature in the new release which allows me to define a node as secondary in QMC but the STT video was leading me in that direction. The other option is to have a Windows failover cluster for the central node but this means we will waste an entire server.

(2) Breakdown of external server for shared folder and repository

Windows failover clustering for the file server serving the shared folder is recommended. The disk space for the shared folder itself should be on SAN controller ideally.

And for the repository server which is a Postgresql implementation, you can refer to the HA and replication options available for Postgresql. The disk space for the Postgresql db should be on a SAN controller ideally for HA.

The Qlik Sense environment can also be hosted in a virtualized environment and in such cases the HA and DR options offered by the hypervisor environment can also be utilized

kalvinchan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Secondary paragraph: "Qlik Sense June 2017 and later versions do not support the synchronized persistence model. To upgrade from Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2 or later to Qlik Sense June 2017 or later and migrate from a synchronized persistence model to a shared persistence "

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploy...