Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik web connector

I receive the following error when attempting to start qlik web connector:

Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Method 'get_SupportsStateVerification' in type 'AzureDataMarketplaceConnector.AzureDataMarketplaceOAuth2' from assembly 'AzureDataMarketplaceConnector, Version=0.8.7.19728, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

at QlikWebConnectorsService.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

We are not using AzureDataMarketplace if that means anything

3 Replies
maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Rich,

It looks like a .net issue. Please clarify does it happen when you start Web Connectors 2.2 as service or not. Did you resolve you problem? How if yes?

I have an issue when starting it as a service - it does not start, the error in Applications log is as follows:

[

Impossible to start the service. System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to configure namespace reservation

at QlikWebConnectorsService.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

]

and there are the following errors in the "Service_Startup_Log.txt" file (located in Web Connectors root folder):

[

11.01.2018 11:04:04 System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to configure namespace reservation

в Nancy.Hosting.Self.NancyHost.StartListener()

в Nancy.Hosting.Self.NancyHost.Start()

в QlikWebConnectors.WebBootstrap.StartSelfHost()

11.01.2018 11:04:04 OnStart:ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to configure namespace reservation

в Nancy.Hosting.Self.NancyHost.StartListener()

в Nancy.Hosting.Self.NancyHost.Start()

в QlikWebConnectors.WebBootstrap.StartSelfHost()

в QlikWebConnectors.WebBootstrap.StartSpecificVersion(Boolean isService)

в APIConnectorEngine.Qwc.BaseBootstrap.Start(Boolean isService)

в APIConnectorEngine.Qwc.BaseBootstrap.StartServiceVersion()

в QlikWebConnectorsService.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

]

("Impossible to start the service" is a translation of Russian wording, not sure it's the same in English version)

Does anyone managed to start Web Connectors 2.2 as windows service?

We use Windows Server 2008 R2, .net 4.0.30319.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Maxim

NickBaker
Employee
Employee

Hi for namespace reservation, please see http://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Install/troubleshooting... (I think that help page needs updating actually, as it states the error message begins 'Failed to listen on prefix...' but I think you can get either error message). Basically you will need to use netsh to check existing reservations...

[updated here as well in case you missed my other answer here Qlik Web Connectors November 2017 Release (v2.28.2) Available]

...if that does not help you could also try updating the service 'Log On' account to a specific account which has full read/write access to the directory under which QWC is running (the default value here will usually be a local system account which may not have the correct permissions).

See the properties dialog for the QWC service, some details here http://wiki.qvsource.com/Running-QVSource-Under-A-Standard-User-Account.ashx‌ (which needs to be included in the new help pages).

UPDATE:

Please check that the service account admin permission / is a member of Administrators - this should resolve the issue with 'Unable to configure namespace reservation' for a Windows service.

Hope this helps,

Nick

NickBaker
Employee
Employee

Hi Rich it sounds like you might have upgraded from a previous version. I would try deleting the AzureDataMarketplaceConnector.dll (and if that doesn't help delete the entire AzureDataMarketplaceConnector folder).

That connector is deprecated so should be removed.

In fact a similar issue is solved here Re: Unable to Unistall Qlik Webconnector (Service)

Hope this helps,

Nick