cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonbmorrison
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sense Scatterplot - sorting x axis values descending order

It must be possible, just haven't figured out how to make it happen.

Have 1 dimension (company) and 3 measures.

1 on X axis, 1 on Y axis and the 3rd sizes the bubble on the scatterplot diagram

What I'm trying to do

Y axis value - bigger number is better - ascending is preferred.

X axis value - smaller number is better - descending is preferred

- so upper right is better and lower left is worse.

However, the chart is sorting X axis in ascending order -  my users have asked to sort as per above.

How can this be done.

Qlik Sense September 2017.

I've looked at Scatter plot properties ‒ Qlik Sense and https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/change-sorting...

And haven't figured it out - any guidance would be appreciated!

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What i understand is you want to reverse the axis values. If yes then try below.

1. Multiply your expression with -1.

2. For the same expression, Select number formatting as number and switch off the "Formatting Simple". Once you do this it will give you an option to change the formatting. Replace existing formatting with "#,##00;#,##00".

Hopw this work around will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What i understand is you want to reverse the axis values. If yes then try below.

1. Multiply your expression with -1.

2. For the same expression, Select number formatting as number and switch off the "Formatting Simple". Once you do this it will give you an option to change the formatting. Replace existing formatting with "#,##00;#,##00".

Hopw this work around will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jonbmorrison
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Worked perfectly.  Had tried the x -1 but hadn't thought through using the formatting to reverse the sign reversal a second time.

Many thanks!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Even I got this idea from some old Qlikview Post...

Cheers..

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki