Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

Can NPrinting Cycle a Report based on a list box expression values

Note, the listbox displayed values are based on an expression:

This below is a sample expression that displays the desired items in the listbox, based on the sheet that I am on in qlikview:

=if(aggr($(vBridgeHours_DurationHours),[Device Name])>0,[Device Name])

This works great, and only populates the listbox with [Device Name] items that are relevant on that sheet.

So, while the the listbox is based on an expression, it is populated from a field in the data model, in this case :  [Device Name].

However, I cannot simply cycle all [Device Name] items because not all devices will meet the criteria in the expression above, which, again, is based on the sheet that I am on in qlikview.

5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

you have two option here

to apply a filter on the device name field in the nprinting report that will select only the relevant  devices for the report

than the cycle will only use those values

you'll need to use evaluate type of filter , that can process qlik expressions

dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am not familiar with an evaluate filter - can you explain a bit more?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can calculate this condition in Qlik script and flag devices with required condition. Then you can cycle normaly through device filed with filter applied on your condition flag.

that is my favourite approach which proves to be stable and working as it should.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Unfortunately, script to add flags in the data model during load will not work.  The devices are dynamic, based on several factors. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please check the help site page Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.