Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

selection does not highlight values..help needed

Hello All,

I have downloaded the tutuorial file. I want to just play around with it. However i have noticed that when i select a value from a list box, it does not get highlighted.

Also amongst all the list boxes, only one value can be selected, as i have seen it from current selection box. The values do not get highlighted so i could not see it from the list boxes it self.

So basically i have two questions from tutorial.qvw

1) Why are the values not being highlighted when i select them

2) which option has made all the listboxes mutual exclusive. I mean if you select a value from a list box, the graphs show values according to it. Now if you select a value from another list box, the previous selection gets cleared and the new selection is made. I mean which option/expression has made it this way?

A quick response will be appreciated

Thanks

Arif

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That sounds strange to me. I haven't had a  look at the tutorial recently and the effect may be specific to your settings / modifications, could you upload your file here?

"Normal" QV behaviour would be to use the three colours green, white and grey to indicate selected values, values  compatible to your selection and incompatible values.

If you make a selection and then select any grey value, your current selection becomes cleared and the new value is used. This may explain your 2. question. But in any case, you should see the three colours when playing around.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I dont think this behaviour is specific to my settings because other qvw files are behaving quite normal. It is only this tutorial.qvw file that is behaving like this

I have confirmed it with another friend of mine. He is also seeing this strange behaviour in this tutorial.qvw file. btw, i am using Qlikview10

Please have a look at it and let me know if you find any clue

Arif

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I can see the problem, too.

But only in QV 10 SR3, in QV 9 SR6, it looks ok to me...

I am not having an answer yet.

Not applicable
Author

Mine too.. But i think that the tutorial created from the previous version than the qlikview i'm using now.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume that the tutorial is supposed to be used with version 10, right?

As far as I can see, the problem arise from the use of the white sheet background together with the selection transparency set to 70%. (All set in Document properties --> General). If you set the transparency to 0%, it should look "normal" again.

If you change anything from the selection appearance like style or color scheme, things are getting better, but not completely, So the selection transparency is really contraproductive here.

Don't know why it was set to 70% the first place, doesn't make real sense to me.

In version 9, I think there is no transparency feature for the selection, so it works well from the beginning.

Regards,

Stefan

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Did you also post this here? - http://community.qlik.com/message/142535#142535

Solution over there - is the transparency setting as Stefan says.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I did not post it over there but that is indeed answer to the first question. Now the second question still remains unanswered.

How can we make the selection such that only a value from one list box is selected? can you check this qvw file and tell me which option has enabled this task

Arif

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Arif,

Now that you can clearly see the green, white and grey detail, can you confirm that you are not clicking on a grey listbox value when you say the first selection gets cleared?

Jason

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Arif,

the selection looks ok to me, too. Of course some fields have mostly a 1:1 link to other fields like capitals, countries and currencies (not completely 1:1, see e.g. currency euro). That means, if you select on country, the corresponding compatible capital is shown in white. If you choose any other capital, the country will be cleared and set white to the compatible country. Also in Sales, there is not necessarily data available for all years, months. But if you clear all selections, it is then posible to select multiple years, months, days etc.

So I see no artificial mutual exclusion, except then one that comes from the data itself.

Regards,

Stefan