Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian_scicluna
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense: Making best use of a multinode environment

Hi All,

I am currently managing a Qlik Sense environment that I found set up prior to myself taking over. Up to a couple of weeks ago performance was okayish, but we've recently released a dashboard that uses about 9Gb of data, with some visualisations being computed with if statements (I know it's probably not the best approach but in this case unavoidable). Now users are complaining that performance is lacking. Upon checking the servers I found out that at the moment we have the daily reload running. To my surprise I found out the following:

Central Node:

central.PNG

Rim Node:

rim node.PNG

So evidently, the multinode environment is not properly set up! Both servers are identical (128Gb RAM and 16 core 2.30 GHz processor)

Any suggestions as to how I could avoid this and set up proper load balancing? Ideally I'd like to have reloads running on one machine and apps on another.

Brian

1 Reply
jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Is your Central node is also a scheduler node. If you have scheduler on RIM node then you can change Central to Master only.