Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharath28
Creator
Creator

Pages Cycled in Multiple Sheets in excel

Hi Everyone,

In nprinting power point report we have Slides property to cycle on multiple slides. I am looking for similar option in Excel report in nprinting to cyclic on multple sheets. Unfortunately i couldn't find this property in excel report, please let me know if there is any alternate option, or if i missing something.

Please help!

page node.png

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi agree with Lech.

Another solution is to edit the worksheet names by adding a fixed string.

Same Filed Multi Worksheets.png

In this case you add the same field two times without the need of changing the script.

I forgot to mention this in my first answer, sorry.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, in Excel templates there is not a similar property.

You need to add a Page on the first worksheet and then add a second Page (with the same QlikView or Qlik Sense field) in the second worksheet.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I tried your solution but gets below error when running the report.

Error: The same worksheet name already exists.

The sheet names are the names of the page fields that i have added twice and i see both the sheet names are different as shown below

<Field_Page>

<Field_Page_2>

Please help!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - this is expected

my solution is:

• assume that you are cycling through field values in column called my_field
  • in Qlik Load script i modify this column by adding prefix or suffix like this:
    • '1 '&my_field as my_field_1
    • '2 '&my_field as my_field_2
  • then in NPrinting i use
    • my_field_1 as a property for 1 page
    • my_field_2 as a property for 2 page

This solution keeps all the sheet names unique and also provides logic for sheet names where i know which one is which one.

hope this helps

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi agree with Lech.

Another solution is to edit the worksheet names by adding a fixed string.

Same Filed Multi Worksheets.png

In this case you add the same field two times without the need of changing the script.

I forgot to mention this in my first answer, sorry.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

‌Thanks both. It is working now.

one final query. This solution giving me a series of slides for field1 and then for field2 In page.

MY requirement is to keep both slides side by side for first value in field and then for second value.

is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Unfortunatly it is not possible.

Qlik NPrinting will create first the first worksheet with all its copies, then the second, etc.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

‌thanks everyone for the help