Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Input Box and Concat

Hi

Previously I was able to use the function = concat( Distinct Company, ',' ) in a inputbox's Listed Values text box on the Constraints tab.

This allowed me to show all the different company names as drop-down values in the input box.

When I try to do this now (currently in version 10, SR2), it show the drop-down values all in one row, for example Company1,Company2,Company3 etc. (see screenshot below). I also tried it using another delimiter ; in the function, but this also gave the same problem  = concat( Distinct Company, ';' )

image.jpg

image2.jpg

I would appreciate it if someone had an idea / example of how I should go about to do this.

Thank you

Jan-Hendrik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok, got it. Get to the Help menu, click on the "Document Support Info". A dialog with information about your document and environment appears. You will see there "List Separator" the Sys preference, in my case, is set to ";" whilst Doc in your case is set to ".". So type instead

=Concat(Field, '.')

And the values will appear as expected.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Jan-Hendrik,

Use the following instead in the "Listed Values" expression dialog in the object properties, "Constraints" tab as in the attached example:

=Concat(DISTINCT Field, ';')

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel

Thank you for the feedback. This however did not solve my problem, I still get only one value in drop-down box showing:

Value A, Value B, Value C

Thus values show next to each other opposed to underneath each other.

When I use your document however it works correctly on my computer. Thus I'm wondering whather is isn't a setting on the document which need to be changed or alternatively it could be a bug.

Any ideas from someone

Thank you

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel

Thank you for the feedback. This however did not solve my problem, I still get only one value in drop-down box showing:

When I use your document however it works correctly on my computer. Thus I'm wondering whather is isn't a setting on the document which need to be changed or alternatively it could be a bug.

Any ideas from someone

Thank you

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel

Any ideas from someone

Thank you

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Sorry, above should read

Value A;Value B;Value C

Image4.jpg

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

How did you create the variable? Is it in the load script? Did you do that in the Variable Overview in the Settings menu? In case is might be a bug, have you tried with the latest revision of QV 10 SR3 (build 9061) before contacting to the Support guys? Is there any chance you can upload your non-working document so we can check further?

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

P.S.: I wouldn't mark as helpful a reply when it is not actually helpful. It may mislead another people with a similar issue looking for help.

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel

Thx for your further correspondence

I tried both adding variable in >> Settings  >> Variable Overview as well as in load script.

I also upgraded to QV10 SR3 (build 9061).

In both cases I get the same problem.

Link to example doc:

InputBoxConcat.qvw

Thank you for your assistance so far.

Jan-Hendrik

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi

Sorry, find attached example file, previous method not correct

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok, got it. Get to the Help menu, click on the "Document Support Info". A dialog with information about your document and environment appears. You will see there "List Separator" the Sys preference, in my case, is set to ";" whilst Doc in your case is set to ".". So type instead

=Concat(Field, '.')

And the values will appear as expected.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica