cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott_brown
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVS Distribution failed to distribute to QVS

My document is successfully reloaded, but occasionally will fail to distribute. When I run the task again in the QMC a second time after it fails, it will reload and distribute with no issues. I do have another document that reloads at the same time, accessing the same QVD's, which is the only thing i can think of that could be causing an issue. Anyone experience anything similar?

(2017-06-14 07:23:03) Error: The QlikView Server returned a error

(2017-06-14 07:23:03) Information: Performance data (CopyFile): Connecting to QVS. (0), DMSAccessRules=3 (0), Uploading file: Store Operations/District Style Sales.qvw (0), Write complete. (3297646592 bytes processed) (78798)

(2017-06-14 07:23:03) Error: QVS Distribution failed to distribute to QVS

(2017-06-14 07:23:03) Error: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

(2017-06-14 07:23:03) Information: Deleting temporary files.

(2017-06-14 07:23:03) Information: Closing the document.

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=3040

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Error: The task "District Style Sales" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2 || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:30:14.8826087

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: Sending Alert mail

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors - completed

(2017-06-14 07:23:04) Information: Saving Task Result

UPDATE: Shortly after posting this question the issue seemed to resolve itself, but has occurred again effecting multiple documents. They all had the same error message, failing during the distribution, but slightly different message than the first time.

<LogFinalEntry Text="The task "Add On Sales" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.Exception: l_FileSystemPluginHelper exception ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper) at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients) at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, String i_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Boolean i_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileType i_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer) at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)" Date="2/13/2018 10:23:30 AM" Type="Error"/>

12 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Have you checked all services started or not ...?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems that information is sparse in your TaskLog. Is the log level of your Distribution Service set to "Debug Logging"?

Also check the corresponding Events log of your QVS (first set the log verbosity to High). It will contain additional information about this issue.

scott_brown
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It is currently set to 'Normal Logging', will 'Debug Logging' produce a more detailed log?

scott_brown
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Current log verbosity is set to low, would there be any cause for concern in changing these settings? I'm hesitant to change any server settings, but also need to find out what is causing the issue.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Scott,

There shouldn't be any issues with upping the QDS log verbosity, especially if its temporary. The benefit will be much more information are written to the logs which is helpful when troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Scott,

If you're still having this issue, make sure the service account has full access to the qvs folder and share if you set one up (right click on the folder, Security).

I've seen this happen when my service account doesn't have full access to the qvs folder I'm distributing too.

Jason

nikhil050409
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Scott,

I am experiencing the same issue with one of my publish tasks. The reload task runs fine but the publish task fails with the similar error as yours. Were you able to resolve the issue and can you please share the solution.

Thank you,

Nikhil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

perhaps the distribution fails because the target .qvw file in your user documents folder could not be replaced.

• One of the reasons is mentioned already: Security settings for this file or the directory.
  • Another reason could be that the file is currently in use by another process.

You may want to check your QlikView Server (which is running the QVS process for this task) if there is still a QVS process holding the .qvw file even if no task is running o this server. If you have a cluster running you should check each QVS server of this cluster.

You can see it by using Windows ressource monitor (resmon.exe), go to CPU tab select the "image" checkbox to check all entries in the process list and then search for ".qvw" (without the quotes) in the search box of "associated handles".

After the search has finally finished (which may take some time) you will see, if the file which fails during distribution is in use by QVS.EXE process.

In case the file is in use by the QVS.EXE process even when there is no QlikView RT/DT job running try to stop the process (right mouse click on the according entry in the box "associated handles" for "stop task" command).Then go to the services section of computer management to check if the QVS process has started again automatically (if not start it again manually).

This may solve your problem and the task could be run without problems again.

Kind regards,

Michael

scott_brown
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

The issue seemed to resolve itself shortly after I posted this question, but it happened again yesterday and it effected multiple documents, all showing the same error.