Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Im performing a simply distribution and reduce of a report to the Qlikview Server.

However, i keep getting:

"...QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Directory Service Connector is offline..."

The Directory Service Connector IS running. I have tried to change the timeout under:

System - Directory Service Connectors - Active directory

Without any results. Anyone have any idea how I should continue to troubleshoot this error?

Thanks in advance,

br

Paul

19 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This appears to be a domain policy that will not allow a non-domain user to query the AD. I have seen this in the past.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

seems like a reasonably explanation. I will contact the system administrator to confirm or refute if this is the case.

/Paul

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

I have now confirmed that non domain users not are allowed to query the AD.

Have a nice weekend,

Paul

Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Is your server configured with NTFS authentication or DMS?

We are having the same problem but we have custom directory of users configured in the management consolde itself.

What might have gone wrong in this case?

Thanks and Regards,

K

qvusersandra
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Paul,

little bit late but maybe it helps other people... I had the same problem but I want to use groups. So I created local groups on server and then added the AD-Users. Then I added the group to distribution task and that works.

Regards

Sandra

Not applicable

Hi Bill,

We have a similar issue.  Would you know what the solution is, since the policy restricting non-domain users cannot be changed?

Sriram

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only solution is to use a domain account to run the services under.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

HI Paul,

in your discussion with Bill, you said, "I have changed the Directory Service Connect(DSC) service to run under a different account."

Could you please tell me how you changed the DSC to run under a different account ?

Thanks,

Umar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Umar,

Once you have a new service account set-up, you can do this in Services.msc for that particular service.

muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III

"I added the group to distribution task and that works."

I have a same problem, I can't reach the domain users (AD users) from QMC so qlikserver can't reach the AD users.

I did the specific group in QV server and i added domain users and local admin users (which assigned in QMC during installation) but how can I do add that group to distribution task?

Thx