Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayraber
Creator
Creator

QlikSense, Mashups, Self Service and Co.

Hi all,

I'm new to QlikSense and I wonder if someone can assist me understanding some basics about the tool.

In QlikView – IT department developed different documents for the use of other at the organization. Users could add sheet objects, create bookmarks, etc.

QlikSense is 'Self Service' and I wonder –

Let's say the IT department will develop apps for other users, how does the self-service works? Creating a rich library of master items? What's the next step?

Once apps are published – do users (with the right credentials) allow opening published apps and edit them using the master item repository?

Creating mashups and publishing them can also be used by users and to be edited? Using master items?

Regards,

Shay

4 Replies
ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

QlikSense is 'Self Service' and I wonder –

Let's say the IT department will develop apps for other users, how does the self-service works? Creating a rich library of master items? What's the next step?

• self service -- you can create own reports and charts with master items or own formula.
  • User can share reports and charts which are created by him

Once apps are published – do users (with the right credentials) allow opening published apps and edit them using the master item repository?

• user can't edit existing reports and chats but he/he can crated own reports and charts.

Creating mashups and publishing them can also be used by users and to be edited? Using master items?

No

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

chandu222

thanks for the quick reply.

i wonder -

for now Sense is on my machine but the Sense server will be installed soon an dedicated server.

for now, when opening the hub i can create apps and on 'Edit' mode i can create objects, replace object types, using master items created previously BUT what about working in Server and Clients mode?

will end-user be able to open a published app and add objects? that will appear only when he is accessing the app? like in QlikView, where users can add object on their own 'instance' of the document?

regards,

Shay

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Yes users with the right credentials can add their own objects to a published App.  They can decide to publish them to other users of the App or not.

Any changes to master items would be done in the base app. These changes are made by the owner of the App and are applied to all users of the app when published.  Note modifying the base app will not effect other users objects unless the change made is to remove or change an existing master item currently in use by other users.

Regards

Andy

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

one more questions please,

1. assuming we have few subsidiaries in our organization and we are building an overview app. i wish that the would be available for ALL General mangers and group's management as well BUT - i wish that the main sheet (main KPIs) will present data based on the user role (i.e. while users from group management will see as default KPI for the whole organization users from each subsidiary will see the same KPIs but filtered according to the relevant subsidiary). is it possible? i don't want to reduce data but only create few default states for the main sheet.

can it be done?