Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anna_lynch
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How can I tell if Shared Persistence or Synchronized Persistence

A client has Qlik Sense 3.1 SR 3, Qlik Sense Server 10.7.2 installed by another firm that is no longer available. We want to upgrade to the latest version of Qlik Sense. In reading through the documentation for the upgrade, it seems that we'll need to know whether the current installation is using shared persistence or synchronized persistence. Is there a configuration file or some other place I can look to discern whether it is using shared persistence or synchronized persistence?

Thanks

1 Reply
sally_a044682
Contributor II
Contributor II

Anna, I had the same question and found this information on the support site. I am sharing it in case you still need to know.

Description

This article explains how to identify the existing environment is synchronized persistence or shared persistence in 3.1 SR2 version onwards of Qlik Sense.

Resolution

There is a way to find whether existing environment is shared or synchronized persistence.

Please navigate to "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository"
You will find a XML configuration file named "Repository.exe"
Open the file in Notepad or Word with an option "Open with".
Scroll down till you find the below line:

<add key="SharedPersistence" value="true" />

If the add key="SharedPersistence" and value  = "true", it depicts that the Qlik Sense was installed with shared persistence, if the value = "false", it depicts that the Qlik Sense was installed with synchronized persistence.