Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arish_delon
Creator
Creator

How do i update system variables in QDF 1.7.1?

Hi,

I was using QDF 1.4.1 with QlikView 11.20 SR17.

I have have upgrade by Dev. box to QlikView 12.20 SR1

Every hing was good and running smoothly until i tired to create a new container.

Error 1: Embedded License error

Error 2: The document failed to load

Error 3: Document failed open

Error 4: User preference settings

So i upgraded the QDF 1.7.1

Now i can create new containers using QlikDeploymentFramework.

But i am unable to update system variables?

11 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Arish, and thanks for pointing this out. I think that the in-bedded license inside the VariableEditor.qvw have expired. I'm attaching a new one, please replace the original variable editor and try again. I will also create a new DeployTool build where the updated file is included. Best regards

Magnus

arish_delon
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Magnus,

I have deployed 1.6.1 VariableEditor.qvw into QDF.

I am getting the following errors...

Screen1.JPGScreen2.JPGScreen3.JPGScreen4.JPG

Another finings is when I create a new container, it goes through the who list of exiting containers....1.4.1 did not do this... All the help is appreciated.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Arish, have you tried running VariableEditor as administrator? In the 0.Administrator container root there is a command line file named VariableEditor.cmd if you right click on this file and select "Run as Administrator" then the variable editor should be running with elevated privileges. If you still having problems creating containers I recommend you using the Deploy Tool instead that have the same functionality nowadays. Hope this helps

steinrich
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Magnus,

where can I find "the Deploy Tool"? Could be helpful for us.

Reason:

Would like to understand it because we see the redundant occurrence of ContainerMap.csv as an disadvantage and would like to version only one ContainerMap.csv with our version control system.

Thanks,

Richard

Some experiences to share:

- The macro runtime decreased with 12.1 (using Variable Editor 1.5)

- a misleading usage I watched from other users was that the "macro running" was overlooked / not recognized, leading to yellow error bubbles

arish_delon
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Magnus,

I have done the following test.

I created a brand new QDF folder structure.

In here I created new containers. No issue. I create new variables no issue.

What is preventing from opening existing QDF?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Richard, deploy tool is the same program that you use when setting up QDF. It is downloaded here:

Qlik Deployment Framework Deploy Tool

Read the Read-Me document and getting started guides (depending on QlikView or Qlik Sense).

Regards

Magnus

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Arish, could you please attach the ContainerMap.csv into the tread and I will have a look? Regards Magnus

arish_delon
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Magnus,

I have added the attachment which zipped.

This holds the container map csv.

Regards,

Arish

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Arish, Did som minor updates and tested your ContainerMap with both VariableEditor and DeployTool withount any problems as as you can see below.

DeployTool.PNG VariableEditor.PNG

Ive attached the updated version, please copy this under 0.Administration\3.Include\1.BaseVariable and open VariableEditor (run as administrator) after, if this work you can then update the containers with this new version.

Noticed that you don't have a Shared container, it's not mandatory but best practice, it'sa good place to store consolidate artifacts. Shared is also used to store the qvd index when using the Index function.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Magnus