Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilippeMotillon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting using Formula

Hi all,

I have an Excel Template and I would like to add the max(poddate) coming from QlikSense.

I go into the template editor . I create a formula named Report Date equal to =max(poddate).

When I drag it on the excel sheet , it is shown as <Report Date>.

If I do a preview , instead of evaluating the formula , it shows <Report Date> in the cell ....

Any idea ?

thanks a lot

Philippe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The formula =max(poddate) is not correct. I suppose that the filed name poddate is not correct or not present in the connected Qlik Sense app.

Please try the formula in a Sense object before to use it in the Excel template. If the formula doesn't work in Sense, adjust it and copy it in the template only after you see the formula working in Sense.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The formula =max(poddate) is not correct. I suppose that the filed name poddate is not correct or not present in the connected Qlik Sense app.

Please try the formula in a Sense object before to use it in the Excel template. If the formula doesn't work in Sense, adjust it and copy it in the template only after you see the formula working in Sense.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PhilippeMotillon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Ruggero,

The poddate was existing in the application , but not in any object connected to the NPrinting report. After created a table with the poddate in it  , everything was working fine.

thanks for your help