Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview reports not available to some users

I have created a launchpad with buttons on so users are able to launch an array of qlikview reports. I can launch the models as can some of my colleagues. I have checked their network connectivity and they are able to reach the location where the reports reside. they are also able to launch reports created by a previous developer. I have tried comparing the new with the old reports, but am unable to find anything relevant.

I have added them to the security list, but that made no difference. I even disconnected the security access for a colleague in order to replicate the error. He got 'access denied' but that is what they are getting. Instead they are getting the standard IE 'Webpage not found' message:WebPage Cannot be Found.jpg

Where do I need to be looking into this? Many thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After much searching, I found that unbenknown to me, the report scripts would load a list of authorised users from a spreadsheet in a separate folder. Once added to this list, and the scripts re-run, the users are now able to access the Qlikview models.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry, slight amendment. What I meant to say was: "He got 'access denied' but that is NOT what they are getting." The other users do not get any Qlikview error message. Just the one in IE  that states 'Webpage not found'.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can they connect to the portal (rather than attempting a direct connection to the document)? Can they see the document(s) is question on the portal?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

They can get as far as the launchpad document that I created. The problem occurs when they click on one of the buttons to launch Qlikview reports. That's when they encounter the error. Is that what you mean? FYI, they can also access other Qlikview reports that are reached from previously created launchpad documents.

brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am able to see the Qlikview report and open it. But it is not listed for my colleague.

I There are several reports of the same name in different folders, but it is not obvious on the portal which one it is referring to, as only the filename is listed. How am I able to ascertain which one I am looking at?

brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After much searching, I found that unbenknown to me, the report scripts would load a list of authorised users from a spreadsheet in a separate folder. Once added to this list, and the scripts re-run, the users are now able to access the Qlikview models.