cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christygobar
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting 17 Cycle Field through Multiple Reports

In NPrinting 16, I could cycle through a field (Geography) and create individual Excel reports to a destination folder.

I do not find this functionality in the new v17 - only the ability to create filters.

Using "Page" in the template editor does not get my needs covered, as I need an individual Excel file rather than Excel tabs.

Any assistance?

Thanks!

43 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

David,

I'm one of the founders of the company that developed NPrinting. I trained the first partners and wrote training materials, examples and the first certification exams. I created tons of POC and helped hundred of customers during these years. With this we solved the issue about my expertise. 

Folders as destinations is a released and stable feature, and it works.

Do the following steps by yourself.

1 - Define the destination folder, for example like the one in the picture. About details refer to the page I already linked.

010 define the folder.png

2 Create a publish task, add reports and users. Then add the defined folder as destination

020 destination in task.png

3 - Run the task and open the file manager. The result will be like the one in the picture.

030 results.png

If you cannot resolve with these instructions, open a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

Ah- The Qlik partner's senior consultant did not know about the need to create separate destination folders.  Obviously a key step in the process.  We did not see this in the qlik nPrinting online help.  I will use that for next time - thanks.  What we ended up doing, as there are a large number of companies (think users in this example), was to use cycling with the company as a prefix in the filename, and then batch scripted out the copying of the files into company specific folders.  The previously available cycling feature that did this step is sorely missed. 

Thanks for clarifying this with the additional needed undocumented step to separate destinations.

Dave

dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

scratch my last reply - I misread your screenshots.  Your example above does not show any need to create separate destination folders per user.  So, again, this feature still does not work, or is buggy, as we have done your exact steps (about 20 times in a row), and it did not work.  We will just continue to use the cycling feature, and batch script the output outside of nPrinting.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You don't need to create the folders in advance, Qlik NPrinting will create the necessary folders.

As you can see from the screenshots you can customize the folders, so you can remove the UserName if you prefer.

If you suppose that there is a bug open a support ticket. It will be analyzed and if it is a bug it will be solved.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.