Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III

How many people can share one Sense file?

How many people can share one Sense file? Can we share .qvf file with others 

9 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

To share it they would have to have QS Desktop installed.  They would not be able to do a reload.  I don't think there would be any kind of limit on how many copies you could send out. 

You could also put it in the cloud and use the free version to allow a few people to see it there.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The question is what do you want them to do with it.

You can share an app created in desktop with others but they would have to be able to modify the reload script themselves if they want the data refreshed.

There is the cloud edition both free and business which allows users to access to an app this has limitations around use of extensions and Accra injury etc...

The server edition would he most comprehensive sharing solution the number of users accessing the app would be down to resources available and your security rules.

muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I noticed that every computer has their own path. Program is looking for special path (like myfiles/app/qlik/sense...)  for report files. Can we change this path with shared folder on server? 2nd question is if we put the files on cloud (free edition), can we reload the files through cloud?

thank you

Digvijay_Singh

Yes, no # limitation in qvf file sharing.!!!!

muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do you have any link for showing it how can we share the files with others. Because when I create a report file, it stays in specific folder in current pc. So i'm trying to copy it all other Pc.

I have 4 users, I want to make one file and want to share it with other with reload.

muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

How can we share it?

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There is no technical limitation.

Legally however it is only for personal use or limited company use.

Read the EULA for more information.

E.g. : Once you do consulting you are in violation...

Kind Regards,

Dion

muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is limited use for personel reports internal.

muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found my own question into this link below:

Qlik Sense Cloud - Create and Share Update (video)