Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

FTP connection problem

Hi all, I need help with this.

FTP wizard allows QlikView not enter a directory, only displays the file attributes.

error loading image

Unlike any FTP client that, if I can see the directories.

error loading image

He added that this was done using the same user, FTP is also the Unix machine.

if I am writing connection command is the same.

Greetings and thanks for the help.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have a batch file, with FTP commands to change directory and download the files to local disk. There is plenty information on Google.

QlikView will load from these files.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hello, unfortunately this customer requested that this be done via FTP and not copying the directories.

Greetings and thanks

Not applicable
Author

You have a two solutions:

a) mount the ftp storage via shared folder

b) generte a bash process for copy files before load

And other solution: KILL THE CUSTOMERS

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Kindly explain them that "finer FTP clients" have options to "fetch only newer files". This is quite useful during temporary network problems. So have a batch script that synchs files + QlikView loading local files + deleting local files. And during processing, store those files in a folder with tight security.

The alternative is to have QlikView processing FTP files for several hours, that a network glitch, than start QlikView reload from beginning. Delta load is no cure for recovering broken FTP errors during QlikView reload.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Generally this is faster as well. Depending on how large the data is you can also implement something like zip from the source, then copy locally, then unzip, process/load the files to QV and then delete the files. Though sometimes request from the customer stick so good luck 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks for the comments, but did not solve my problem, by definition of the business, I can not copy the source to local disk. I need to know is that this happens with QlikView to FTP and how to solve? for now does not evaluate the processing speed.

Thanks again to everyone.