Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicogene
Partner - Contributor III

Date Sort

Hello,

I have a straight table in which i need to sort the date column but it does not work. I have already tried all possible settings in properties/sort. I can only sort the other columns.

Please find enclosed a screenshot of the table.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Nicolas GENERE

13 Replies
nicogene
Author

Sorry, yes the problem still persists.

I need to sort the date column but it does not work.

Regards,

Nicols GENERE

Not applicable

Hi Nicolas,

The problem is your date field is used as a calculated dimension. So what I did in my attached application(above) is

put Identifiant into the calculated dimension and datefin as a normal dimension. But this will convert Datefin to Julian Date(number) format, so in edit dimension I changed it to date format by Date(Datefin).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bikash

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

bikashdebnath  is right. you cannot make a sort directly on your expression (or calculated dimension) in the sort tab.

In your case, you can only make a sort on dimensions fields.

Another way to do, if you don't want to move your field "datefin" in the dimension tab, is to put a sort by "datefin" on your dimension's fields

Exemple :

On the sort tab, put the field "Nom" at the top of the list and add an expression sort and use "dateFin".

Regards,

Arnaud

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As suggested you can make Datefin a dimension - if you do this you will want to set the number format for the field to a Date in Settings \ Document Properties \ Number .  You will also want to implement the colours by drilling on the Dimension and specifying an expression in the Background Colour dialog.

Alternatively, simply deleting the =RowNo(total) expression will allow it to sort fine.  I presume that it is the fact this is an inter row function it overrides the correct sort functionality.

Hope that helps,

Steve