Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie chart tool tip with $ and %

Hello,

I am creating an QV 9.0 SR5 application. I have a pie chart and want to show the slices with their relative dollar amounts and percentages.

This is what I have right now:

ss-312.jpg

What I want is to show the % and the dollar amount that the slice has, which is my chart's Expression.

Is that possible and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Aha! I just figured this out myself. I just had to add additional Expressions for each new label I wanted to see. Makes sense, once you think of it.  

I am attaching a new version of the sample application so anyone else with this problem will see how I solved this.

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes it is possible as you say you want to display % in $ you need to set is number properties.

Regards,

Anand

its_anandrjs

Hi,

You need to set the chart properties from Number properties from Fixed to change it Money and put $ symbol in the Symbol text box. By this you are able to change the setting from % to $.

If you has any sample so please share it.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help with this.

I can make the change you suggested but I will then have just the dollar amounts. I am trying to find a way to have both percentage and dollar amount on the tooltip at the same time.

Please see the sample application attached. It shows the dollar amount as you suggested. Is there a way to add the percentage in there without losing the dollar amount?

Thank you,

Peter

its_anandrjs

Hi,

You are right on this application it is display according what you discuss. Now please see the sample file i do some changes on that, it is ok for you. Please confirm me.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anand but no, that will not meet the requirement. It looks like you pre-pended a dollar sign onto the percentage. That would be pretty confusing for my users. Thanks for trying anyway!

Does this mean there is no way to do what I want, everyone?

Not applicable
Author

Aha! I just figured this out myself. I just had to add additional Expressions for each new label I wanted to see. Makes sense, once you think of it.  

I am attaching a new version of the sample application so anyone else with this problem will see how I solved this.

Peter