Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viralkmehta1968
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error in reload of document

Hi,

I am getting the following error in a scheduled daily reload:

Error The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. ||    at QlikView.Doc.SaveAs(String _FileName, Int16 _Format) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

This document reloads fine normally but failed today. It failed again when I tried to reload it one more time.

Has anyone come across this error and know of a possible solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Viral Mehta

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using Shared Folders for your documents?

viralkmehta1968
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I am using a folder on the same server for my documents. This folder is only used for QlikView documents.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Windows error code 0x80004005 can mean anything in a wide range of possible causes. Trouble with shared folders is the most common cause, according to the internet. You may want to check some of the other reasons by googling for error code 0x80004005.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have access to the Qlik Support Knowledge Base (http://support.qlik.com), check out article 24361. It contains instructions to mitigate various situations that lead to error 0x80004005.