Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Input Box and Concat

Hi

Previously I was able to use the function = concat( Distinct Company, ',' ) in a inputbox's Listed Values text box on the Constraints tab.

This allowed me to show all the different company names as drop-down values in the input box.

When I try to do this now (currently in version 10, SR2), it show the drop-down values all in one row, for example Company1,Company2,Company3 etc. (see screenshot below). I also tried it using another delimiter ; in the function, but this also gave the same problem  = concat( Distinct Company, ';' )

image.jpg

image2.jpg

I would appreciate it if someone had an idea / example of how I should go about to do this.

Thank you

Jan-Hendrik

12 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks Miguel. The concat/inputbox issue has been a mystery to me for years.

Any idea where the Document ListSep gets set?

-Rob

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi there,

It seems it takes (and preserve) this setting from the original operating system. Go to the Windows Start button, Control Panel, Regional Settings, Additional Customization, and there you have in the "Number" tab all the locale settings for date, decimal, thousand and yes, list separator.

Pretty easy to mess that up when you download a file created in a different operating system language, as it happens here.

As far as I've tried, there is no similar setting/environment variable in QlikView that you can set.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: It can be changed as well in the registry browsing to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International and the String entry (Windows 7) "sList" with value ";" or whatever.

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Miguel, you have solved a major headache for me.

Send me your residential address to my Qlikview community message inbox and I'll send you a bottle or two delicious South African wine.

Best regards,

Jan-Hendrik