Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardm90
Partner - Contributor III

Interval Function

Hi All,

I'm creating some KPI's in Qlik Sense to show the total number of appointments that lasted a certain amount of time...

I'm currently using this formula to calculate the interval of every appointment.

=interval(date([End Time], 'hh:mm') - date([Start Time], 'hh:mm'), 'hh:mm')

This gives me a combination of 30mins, 60mins, 90mins and 120 mins appointment lengths.

How do I now create a KPI to display only the 30mins total? i.e. out of 80 appointments 5 lasted 30 mins.

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you want to count appointments? Then something like:

=Count(If([End Time] - [Start Time] > 30 / (24 * 60), AppointmentID))

(Interval() and Date() are merely formatting functions, they have no effect on the underlying value. 30 / (24 * 60) is the value of 30 minutes. You could also use Time#('00:30:00'))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
richardm90
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your help on this. I have implemented this formula but am getting incorrect results.

There are 175 appointments and only 9 are 30 mins long. However the formula above is giving the result of 171.

Any idea where I could be going wrong here.

richardm90
Author

I also tried the Time#('00:30:00')) function and changed my timeformat to SET TimeFormat='hh:mm:ss' but it gave the same result. How come =Count(If([End Time] - [Start Time] = 30 / (24 * 60), AppointmentID)) does not work in this case? I just get 0.

richardm90
Author

Any further help on this would be much appreciated.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you have valid date values? The code assumes the Start Time and End Time are time or time-stamp numeric values, and not strings.

QlikView Date fields

Why don’t my dates work?

And that both time are correctly associated with the Appointment IDs.

I suggest that you share a small sample qvf that illustrates the problem and someone may be able to pinpoint the problem.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
richardm90
Author

Thank you for the reply Jonathan,

Yes the dates are time stamp numeric values. They are definitely associated with the appointment ID's. I am using the same date data in other KPI's which work fine.

I'll share a sample qvf shortly.

Thanks again for the help.