Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandilicious
Creator II
Creator II

Reload working Manually but failed in my QMC

Hi All

I have bit of situation my dashboard is working when i reload manually but it keep failing in QMC.

I have checked but am struggling to find an error.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There you have it.

The main difference - account-wise - between reloading a document in QV Desktop and doing the same from a task defined in the QMC, is that the server doesn't use your credentials. It uses the account that runs the QlikView services to authenticate. Your services run as ROMANS\QVService and apparently, this user has nog login in your SQL server DB. Meaning no access.

There are basically two quick solutions:

• either let your dba create a login in your SQL server DB for ROMANS\QVService with ReadOnly access to whatever you need to extract,
  • or use Section Access fields to temporarily run the reload as another user. You for example. In the QMC, see the Section Acces fields on the Reload tab of the document (if you don't use a Publisher) or in the task attached to the Source document. Enter your domain\accountname and password in the two fields, click Apply and try reloading again.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

14 Replies
kennethmash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

I can't tell what the error is but have you tried to recreate the task? Might be a way around the problem. There also seems to be an issue with your alert emails. Are the email addresses separated correctly i.e are the semi colons in the right place between the email addresses.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

An invalid character was found in the mail header: ';'.

Can you re-verify it in QMC task where you put user ids for alert mail?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please post this file from your QlikView server:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\20180213\100000 - Deploy_Neo_Final Neo Qlikview Dashboard.qvw\DocumentLog.txt

If you don't feel like posting your entire script in a public forum, open the file in a text editor and scroll down to the end. Do you see any error messages?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you are using section access, is the service account added with ADMIN access? (you can check the account in the server > Windows button > Run > services.msc)

Was the document open already while the DSC was running the distribution?

mandilicious
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter

Attached please help can the problem be ODBC SQL Server Driver even everything connect successfully and it can run manually but fail in QMC?

Thank

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As I mentioned below, the credentials for the user ROMANS\QVSERVICE are not valid or lack permissions to connect to the specified DSN. You need to add the service account to the users allowed to read from the database.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

is ROMANS\QVService a valid Reader in Your SQL Database?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There you have it.

The main difference - account-wise - between reloading a document in QV Desktop and doing the same from a task defined in the QMC, is that the server doesn't use your credentials. It uses the account that runs the QlikView services to authenticate. Your services run as ROMANS\QVService and apparently, this user has nog login in your SQL server DB. Meaning no access.

There are basically two quick solutions:

• either let your dba create a login in your SQL server DB for ROMANS\QVService with ReadOnly access to whatever you need to extract,
  • or use Section Access fields to temporarily run the reload as another user. You for example. In the QMC, see the Section Acces fields on the Reload tab of the document (if you don't use a Publisher) or in the task attached to the Source document. Enter your domain\accountname and password in the two fields, click Apply and try reloading again.

Best,

Peter

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

When you create an ODBC connection, use the System DSN tab instead of User DSN

I can walk on water when it freezes