Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbustin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Help with set analysis syntax

Greetings,

I need to filter actions that meet a few conditions, and I'm stuck on the syntax to test for the result of a Networkdays()  function that evaluates to less than or equal 20 days. I just cannot figure out the correct syntax, can someone please take a look?

My formula is:

Count({$<FOIAType={'Request'},Status ={'Closed'},ClosedDate = {">=10/01/2017"}, NetWorkDays(DateReceived,ClosedDate,$(vHolidays)) = {"<=" 20} >}TrackingNum)

Thanks,

Mark

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Count({$<FOIAType={'Request'}, Status ={'Closed'}, ClosedDate = {">=10/01/2017"}, TrackingNum = {"=NetWorkDays(DateReceived, ClosedDate, $(vHolidays)) <= 20"}>} TrackingNum)

aschmeelk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mark,

Are you getting an error or just no data?

mrbustin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Raymond,

Getting no data ... can

this syntax is sooo confusing ...

The if statement syntax is easy enough for a table:

If(FOIAType='Request' and Status = 'Closed' and ClosedDate >= '10/01/2017' and NetWorkDays(DateReceived,ClosedDate,$(vHolidays)) <=20,FYReceived,null())

but trying to put this in a set analysis formula to generate a count of the records seems near impossible ...

-mark

mrbustin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sunny,  this seems to work! Thank you!!!  but I don't understand why it works ... it looks like your comparing a text field(trackingnum) to a numerical test '<=20' but it gives me 134 records and the data appears to be correct.

My regular table using the below formula gives me 135 - a set the received date to null and only display non nulls ...

=If(FOIAType='Request' and Status = 'Closed' and ClosedDate >= '10/01/2017' and NetWorkDays(DateReceived,ClosedDate,$(vHolidays)) <=20,FYReceived,null())

Thank you!

sunny_talwar

I am not comparing trackingnum to a numerical test. What the expression is doing is picking all those trackingnums where the set analysis condition is true. So, =NetWorkDays(DateReceived, ClosedDate, $(vHolidays)) <= 20 is evalulated as a Boolean condition where Trackingnum is a dimension and all those places where it is true are included in the expression.

Does that make sense?

mrbustin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It's beginning to ...  thank you again.  -Mark