cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kundan_ghosh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Salesforce connector timestamp error

I am pulling in data from Salesforce Veeva CRM using native connector in Qlik Sense and I am getting problem with timestamp.

Salesforce saves the value as 16/10/17 but when I extract it into Qlik Sense, it is saving it as 43023.xxx -> the integer part of this value means 15/10/17. However, in other cases, when the timestamp is not near midnight, Qlik Sense saves the values correctly.

I was able to use the following transformation to fix the dates:

Date(Round(Date_vod__c,1))

But I would like to know why is Qlik not able to correctly extract the timestamps. Does Salesforce has a different logic of storing timestamp or is this a bug in Qlik Salesforce connector

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

kundan_ghosh‌ I think the answer is here: Create a Salesforce connection ‒ Qlik Connectors

If Convert UTC to local time is not selected, the connector returns date-time values from Salesforce.com in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

To align dates displayed in SFDC with those in Qlik Sense output, the option Convert UTC to local time in the connector set-up needs to be selected

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I hit the same problem, some dates in Qlik Sense are 1 day behind the values in SFDC.

But how did you get to see the actual value 43023.xxx stored in Qlik Sense?

Where do you apply the transformation Date(Round(Date_vod__c,1)) ? In Data Manager?

Anonymous
Not applicable

kundan_ghosh‌ I think the answer is here: Create a Salesforce connection ‒ Qlik Connectors

If Convert UTC to local time is not selected, the connector returns date-time values from Salesforce.com in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

To align dates displayed in SFDC with those in Qlik Sense output, the option Convert UTC to local time in the connector set-up needs to be selected

kundan_ghosh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for responding to my original query.

(1) I used Rob Wunderlich's free tool QViewer (http://easyqlik.com/) to look inside the QVD

(2) I do not use the Data Manager (primarily meant for self-service users). I used the transformation in load script

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your approach