cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Metadata generation: Taking more time everytime I run

Hello community,

We are using NPrinting november 2017 alongside Qlikview Server 12.10.20600, each one in a separated server and using qvp connection.

First time we reloaded the metadata, it took approximately 1 min and now it takes from 15-25min.

Since it is a test server, we are using both servers only for testing NPrinting, so same memory and PCU usage while reloading.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Fernando Vizcaino

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi

did you tried to restart the services ?  if not try and see.

or 

create one more connection with same app with different names  and reload metadata and check .

if not -- try to restart the server and check.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Chanty,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I did try both oh them. At first, I thought it was something related to services and I restarted the services and them the server. Nothing worked.

I have created a lot of connections for testing, and everytime I first reload the data, it takes 1 min, but after a few reloads, it starts to take more and more minutes.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you schedule the report?

how much it is taking to deliver?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you install Qlik NPrinting Server and QlikView Server (or Qlik Sense Server) on the same computer one of the two uses all the HW resources so the other will have issues due to a lack of RAM and CPU. For this reason installing both servers on the same computer is not supported for you in production.

For your training environment it should be enough to restart the computer so HW resources will be released.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have scheduled them.

It started generating 160 reports in 40 minutes and now it takes 2 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for your answer.

That is something we are aware of. We have installed them in separated servers.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I would to suggest you to check:

- https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.htm

- how to improve Nprint performance case study

- https://community.qlik.com/thread/260840?q=qvw%20size

There are also other conversations here about performance.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for sharing those links.

Actually, it is something we also already done in our qvw in order to try testing and optimize the process, but I think it is great for those who seek information about optimization, so thanks for that!