Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III

Common Calendar for Date field in different unrelated tables.

I would like to ask you a common calendar solution for date filed in different unrelated tables. I walked through Rob Wunderlish solution whcih is related related table with common filed e.g OrderId but I am looking for a solution of unrelated tables.

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What do you mean with 'unrelated' tables? They are not connected in your data model, i.e. there are multiple data islands?

irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes you are right, unrelated means there is not any relation (no common field) between two or more tables which contain date filed.

e.g.

There are three tables contain date field (Issue Date) How can I use the common calendar to filter the data  or I have to use the separate calendar ?

Table Name
Annual LicenseID
license Numer
Issue Date
Trip PermitPermitID
PermitNumber
IssueDate
Password LincesePLID
PasswordNumber
IssueDate

Thanks and regards,

Irshad

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have three tables with the field names as you listed they will be related by the field IssueDate. Qlik Sense does association (relationships) by name. However if you rename or qualify these IssueDate fields in the load script they will be unassociated (unrelated).

Could you share a screenshot of your Data Model please - then we can assist you better?

The information you shared with us seems to be a theoretical data model - something you haven't yet brought into or materialized in Qlik Sense - right?

irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Petter,

Thank you very much, let try to use IssueDate field which is available in all unrelated table and I will share the data model screenshot if I have any issue.

Thanks and regards,

Irshad.

qazmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I have same question as yours. How did u fix this issue?