Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving Applications / Dashboards from Dev to QA/Prod (Qlik Sense)

Hello,

We developed a Qlik Sense App using hub and we got only hub access to build Apps.

Now we wanted to move our applications from Dev to QA/Prod. I would like to know what are the steps required to move Qlik Sense Apps (developed using hub) from Dev to QA/Prod and what type of access do I need to do these operations.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

15 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You don't. Qlik Sense assigns the app id's. You can't make two separate Qlik Sense installations generate the same app id for the same app. If you need to keep the same app id then you should add a node to your production environment and use that node for development only. That way the app will be in the same cluster and will have the same app id on all the nodes.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ansarikashif2017

Thanks for the revert Digvijay. Are you referring to the Template app mentioned here :-

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/creating-OnDemand-te...

ansarikashif2017

That doesn't seem to be a feasible solution for environments where their are strict Regulatory/Audit requirements to keep lower environments segregated from PROD. Any better way of doing it?

I remember in SAP BO when we do the report movement from one server to another using the Promotion Management tool, it retains the GUID of the report.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope. If your environments are that strictly separated then each environment will generate its own guids. You'll simply have to modify your mashups to deal with the changed guids.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Digvijay_Singh

No, we are into SaaS business, so single app works for all customers, means same script and visualization, only data differs for them.

This template app is the replica of production app, the changes are made in template app and after testing completion, we publish it to all customer apps in production. So actual customer apps App Id never changes.